Available in the bar or dining room. It is the same menu throughout.
Served 6pm to 9pm everyday. All homecooked.
We have a specials board which changes everyday which always inludes local Lakeland fillet steak and North Cumbrian chicken.
- Soup of the day ~ Homemade bread (V) £4.25
- Baked Thornby Moor goats cheese ‘stumpy’ ~ Black olive, sun blushed tomato and walnut salad, Cumberland raspberry vinaigrette (V) £6.25
- Chicken liver pate ~ Studded with pistachio and cranberries ~ toasted ciabatta ~ plum and port chutney £5.75
- Locally smoked mackerel - Horse radish and rocket crushed potato - red pepper dressing £5.75
- Cumbrian "Scotch egg" ~ Free range hen egg coated in Cumberland sausage and black pudding~ herb breadcrumbs ~ red onion, roasted red pepper, cherry tomato, coriander and lemon salsa £6.25
- Chicken, wild boar salami and leek pudding ~ Leek and sun dried tomato cream ~ Mediterranean vegetables ~ twice cooked chips £12.50
- Steak and ale pie ~ Short crust pastry ~ Cumbrian Legendary ale thickened jus ~ twice cooked chips ~ steamed vegetables Small £7.75; Large £9.95
- Pan fried salmon fillet ~ Spring onion and cheddar mash ~ Mediterranean vegetables ~ coriander and white wine cream £12.25
- Slow roasted Lakeland lamb shoulder ~ Marinated in rosemary, garlic, red wine and honey ~ buttered mash ~ steamed vegetables ~ red wine and orange jus £14.25
- Guinea fowl supreme ~ Stuffed with sundried tomato, goats cheese and basil ~ wrapped in Woodall’s air dried ham ~ bubble and squeak ~ steamed vegetables ~ whisky and Cumberland mustard sauce £13.95
- Spinach, feta , ricotta and roasted vegetable cakes ~ Roasted sweet potato ~ tomato and garlic sauce ~ Kirkstile salad (V) £10.25
- Wild mushroom risotto ~ Parmesan and black olive beignet ~ homemade pesto ~ Kirkstile salad (V) £10.50
- Cumbrian steak of the day - See special's list
- Locally sourced fish of the day - See special's list
- Dressed leaves £2.25
- New potatoes £1.75
- Twice cooked chips £2.95
- Garlic bread £3.50
- Roasted Mediterranean vegetables £2.50
- Steamed vegetables £1.95
- Chocolate marquise ~ Orange and Cointreau pannacotta, Orange sorbet £5.95
- Fruit crumble of the day ~ Proper custard £5.95
- Sticky toffee pudding ~ Rich toffee sauce ~ double Jersey ice cream £5.95
- Cheesecake of the day ~ Chantilly cream £5.95
- Treacle tart ~ Toffee fudge ripple ice cream £5.95
- Selection of Cumbrian cheeses ~ Westmorland chutney, apple, celery, grapes and bread £7.25
- These cheeses are partnered perfectly with Croglin Vampire (8% abv) a Doppelbock beer brewed at Cumbrian Legendary Ales, our brewery in Hawkshead.
- One bottle shared between two is very popular (330 ml. - £2.95).
V = vegetarian
If you have specific dietary requirements please mention it to our staff and we will do our best to accommodate.